Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Plaid Pieces a-Plenty!

Made some progress on a little blouse today. Little refers only to the eventual size of the finished project; it's been a deceivingly big project! This little cap-sleeved, v-neck, button up top has no less than twelve pieces, PLUS a front extension and facings everywhere you can possibly put them! To top it off, I chose a small plaid fabric... so cutting it alone (to match the plaid) took most of an entire class day! I got it all basted up after the last class, so today we spent mainly on fitting, making slight changes in eight seams and the bust gathers. Whew! Next time, we decided, I'll start by cutting a smaller size for the top half (the bottom was fine).


Post a Comment

<< Home